Sunday, July 19, 2009

Knitting away



I need a bumper sticker that says "No time to blog, I have knitting to do" - or something like that.

Last week brought about a great sale at a local yarn store. It was sensory overload and I came home with some ideas, but no yarn. Some day I will take a picture of my "stash" and then it will be easy to see why I have trouble purchasing yarn, retail, that is. I do not have a problem buying yarn at garage sales, and I have gotten some great yarn that way.

As I stated in earlier posts, I am on a mission to knit hand towels that can be used for daily jobs in the kitchen, lessening the use of so many paper towels. These knitted towels are beyond absorbent, and they look so nice hanging on the oven door or on a rack.

Here is my latest towel. I call it the "oatmeal blues". I am going to post it on Etsy soon, even though it originally started out to be for me. I love the chambray bows that dress up this otherwise hard working towel.

If you are interested in this towel or one made from another color scheme, email me. I am currently working on one that will be called "Neapolitan" - once I finish and post it, you will see the connection. It seems like so many of my projects bring about visions of food, so many get named after a food that the yarn reminds me of.

You all have a great day and happy knitting!

This towel measures 11 x 15 and is knitted from 100% cotton yarn. The stitch used provides a lot of texture, adding to the absorbency. The stitch looks the same on the back as well.

The bows have been left with "raw" edges - made from 100% chambray. They can be untied and removed if necessary, however, I leave the bows in when the towel is washed. I may be necessary to straighten them a bit after they have been laundered, but the overall care of this towel is carefree. Once you have tried a knitted towel, you will see why I like them so much!